Saturday, November 1, 2008

What we've been doing today.

We started the day by roasting our pumpkin seeds. We used this recipe:

Place the pumpkin seeds in a single layer on an oiled baking sheet, stirring to coat. If you prefer, omit the oil and coat with non-stick cooking spray. Sprinkle with salt and bake at 325 degrees F until toasted, about 25 minutes, checking and stirring after 10 minutes. Let cool and store in an air-tight container.

Big Dog enjoyed putting the lid back on the pumpkin.


The Rooster salted the seeds.


Then we were ready to put them in the oven.

Yummy!

I cooked up the pumpkins. It was harder than usual because we painted the pumpkin. So I couldn't bake the skin. When I asked Rooster what she wanted to make out of the pumpkin she said "cookies". So if anyone has an easy pumpkin cookie recipe let me know. I think I might also make a few trays of baby food for GH.

Then we made face paint. We used this recipe (for one color)

1 tsp of corn starch
1/2 tsp of cold cream
1/2 tsp of water
drops of food coloring --Don't let your four year old add this:)


The kids had a good time with this. GH came in to see what was going on.



After lunch we made a chocolate mug cake. We used my friend Kims recipe:

Minute Chocolate Mug Cake
1 coffee mug
4 T flour
4 T sugar
2 T baking cocoa
1 egg
3 T milk
3 T oil
3 T chocolate chips (optional-we didn't use it)
splash of vanilla
Add dry ingredients and mix well. Add egg and mix thoroughly. Pour in milk and oil and mix well. Add chocolate chips and vanilla, mix again. Microwave for 3 minutes in a 1000 watt microwave. The cake will rise over the top of the mug, but don't be alarmed. Allow to cool, tip out on plate. Enjoy!

GH was very excited to sit in the high chair like a big boy. He enjoyed watching the big kids make the cakes.

This recipe was a bit messy.



"Don't pull your sisters hair. You are suppose to be posing for a picture"


It doesn't look the best. But, they taste pretty good.

While we were listening to music this morning The Rooster found a baby Jesus statue and started dancing him around to the music. Rooster must have thought Jesus was a good dancer because she said "Go Jesus!"

2 comments:

  1. hmmm...I could swear that I read that chocolate cake in a mug recipe on a blog somewhere last night...maybe I'm psychic...or I'm losing my mind.

    I have "Libby's Great Pumpkin Cookie" recipe from my mom, but I've never made it. I'll email it to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im not sure but I think 10 kids and a Dog had a recipe posted too.

    Thank you for the recipe. It looks awesome.

    ReplyDelete

I'm not here but leave me a message after the beep. BEEP!