Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Stuff

This morning we hosted our second playgroup for the week. We have one more tomorrow.

I think Gabs loved our pouring rice.


Big Dog and GH both wanted in the box with cars....because they are manly men! :D
This afternoon Big Dog napped see picture below. So The Rooster and I worked on some stuff. I wanted to work on numbers. So we brought out the felt numbers and had her search for the numbers in our phone number. I didn't think she got anything out of that. So I got out an old phone to practice dialing with. This meant nothing to her. So I got out the cell phone and had her dial the phone and call the house. The phone rang. I picked it up and said "Hi Rooster" She said "Hi Mommy" (she was suprised:) I then said "What are you doing?" She replied "Numbers" :D
I had used a ruler to measure out several lines on a paper. I let her get acquainted with the ruler. Then we started measuring how long the lines where. We did about 6 lines before she understood what we were doing. Then she did really well telling me how long the lines were.
We also did a simple counting project. I have a million little stickers. So I lined similar items in a row. She would help me count them. Placing numbers above the items she counted. Then she helped write the answer. Such as "6 rabbits". She really liked this project.

We did bead patterns again. This time she started out goofy. But, got down to business with little redirection.


Big Dog was tired today. I have no idea why.
I thought this picture was funny.....so I had to add it.
Rooster also painted and seperated flashcards. The flashcard categories she worked with were living/non-living and instruments/food.


1 comment:

  1. What cuties the kids are!! It looks like a wonderful day full of learning!:-)

    ReplyDelete

I'm not here but leave me a message after the beep. BEEP!