Friday, November 28, 2008

Thanksgiving Tradition

Every year since we have been married we have had a little Thanksgiving tradition. After Thanksgiving dinner with my mom we are each given a piece of thick scrapbook paper. We each write the things we are grateful for on the piece of paper. I collect each ornament, wrap them up in a box, and place them under the Christmas tree. On Christmas we open up the box, read them and place them on the tree with all the older paper ornaments.

So tonight I was getting all the ornaments ready because my mom is coming tomorrow for Thanksgiving. I already had the Christmas ornaments out since we plan on decorating the tree tomorrow night. So I decided to pull out some of our paper ornaments from past years and look at them because I'm super corny.


These pictures are awful. You can't make anything out....except for our real names:) Anyway, these were from Thanksgiving/Christmas 2003. This was a special year because this is when we told my mom that I was pregnant with The Rooster. She had always said if we had a baby she would give Rick her classic Chevy. Rick had written that he couldn't wait to get the Chevy that summer. When Rick read it my mom did not get it. But, she did get it when I just came out point blank and said I was thankful for "the baby":D
A footprint from The Roosters first Thanksgiving/Christmas.

These were from Thanksgiving/Christmas 2001. It was a good year for reflection:(
Big Dogs first Thanksgiving/Christmas in 2006. I didn't want to do his footprint in rainbow...it was the only ink pad I could find.
This ornament came from the same year (2006). I wrote that the kids were grateful for each other. But, I also mentioned in The Roosters that she was thankful that the world was full of circles. Boy, did she love circles:)



All of this ornament talk has reminded me that I haven't gotten GH's baby's first Christmas ornament.

2 comments:

  1. This is such a cool tradition! Oh and BTW, Kristi you are a rock star momma! I hope you were joking about what else you could do! Well, I guess you could always come to my house and share all of your great ideas and adventures. ;) Melaney

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I was joking. The other day I heard that research has shown evidence that developmental delays occur because of background noise. Well I use to have different types of music playing in practically every room in our house. Classic nursery rhymes in one room, Wiggles etc. in another, classical in another. Good Lord....Did I do anything right?

    Guess I will add this to my huge list of things I should never admit to having done;)

    ReplyDelete

I'm not here but leave me a message after the beep. BEEP!