Sunday, July 5, 2009

The Republican Rollercoaster....I think I'm gonna vomit

Well I'm sure most people have seen the video of Sarah Palin announcing the resignation as Governor of Alaska. She did not seem herself. She seemed really on edge, definitely not the confident Sarah we usually see. There are two main theories for her odd behavior. 1) A real big scandal 2) She is running for president in 2012. If the second theory is correct I wonder how confident she is in her decision? Her behavior wouldn't indicate confidence in my opinion. I personally feel she should have finished her term. But, perhaps a third theory that she has cracked would explain whats going on. Ok, so she probably didn't "crack" but, I wish Mark Sanford, would.

Governor Mark Sanford has refused to step down as Governor of South Carolina. I don't think he should step down because he is "easy". That's between him, his wife and his mistress(es). But to me he just reeks of selfishness. His comparison of himself to David from the Bible is laughable. Talk about desperately seeking a reason to remain in power.


I know they "cleared" him of misusing tax payers money to visit his mistress in Argentina. But, in the same article the following is said.

Sanford, who stepped down as chairman of the Republican Governors Association when he first confessed to the affair, has said he will repay state funds he used for the Argentine leg of the trade mission.

Does that sound innocent to you? It doesn't to me.

1 comment:

  1. I am glad she resigned. Before you come unhinged think about it. She is no longer tethered to the state, tho she loves public service she can cause more damage to the other side unbridled from a political office. Mere mention of her name sends the opposite tingle down most of their legs. Good for her! I will be looking for an even more bada*ss coming from her in the future. I think she was upset because she loves serving, but will look great as commander in chief!

    ReplyDelete

I'm not here but leave me a message after the beep. BEEP!