Monday, December 15, 2008

Today I became a pirate

This morning we had playgroup. I was messing around with Big Dog and he scraped my eye with his fingernail. It hurt but we continued with our day. Captain Awesome came home from work early because he wasn't feeling well. He went upstairs to take a little nap. So the kids and I continued our regular activities. Most of the afternoon we played with play doh.

Then we used chopsticks to move little decorative pom poms around. Big Dog didn't want to use the chopsticks until the end of the activity. He wanted to sort the pom poms by color. He was super excited as he piled them together saying "yellow", "white" and "purple".
Throughout the afternoon I had problems. At one point I was crying and my sweet little Rooster came up to me and said "What's wrong Mommy? Are you sad?" I said "Oh honey, my eye really hurts." She said "It's ok Mommy, feel better" Then she gave me a kiss and a big hug. That did make me feel better:)
Long story short, Captain Awesome woke up and said I needed to go to the doctors. I have a cornea abrasion. I got a cool eye patch and eye drops. When I left the pharmacy I read the warning label. Apparently, you aren't suppose to nurse while you take this medicine because they don't know if it leaks into the milk. Great!! This prescription is for five days.....GH is not gonna like this. So I think I'm going to take it for two days until the abrasion heals up.
When I got home and put the eye patch on. Big Dog said "pirate........... arrrgh" then ran around saying "arrgh" while he laughed at me. Rooster brought me a pirate hat. I put it on and now I am "Pirate Mama". The kids are all over me. Captain Awesome said I must be more approachable as a pirate than as a regular old mom.

1 comment:

  1. Oh no Kristi! I hope it heals quickly. I love the pirate look though. :) What a trooper you are to get through the day like that too! Take care! Let me know if I can help, Melaney :)

    ReplyDelete

I'm not here but leave me a message after the beep. BEEP!