Saturday, January 31, 2009

Today's Activities

We did a little work with our Dorsey flashcard games. Rooster enjoyed this activity.

We played with water. The kids did not want to learn how to use all the syringes to move water. But, I did get them to use the sponges to move water. Big Dog loved using the spray bottle.

The other day I took Big Dog to a thrift store with me. He was upset and didn't want to be there. Until he saw this alphabet toy. His eyes locked on it. And well I caved. It cost $1.95 and well it was worth the cost to have him stop screaming. I know...I'm teaching him some great values. Anyway, I bought ANOTHER alphabet toy for the boy. Not that he needed another. Now you are probably saying "You paid a whole $2 for that thing? It's ancient. What a waste of money." But, it wasn't a waste of money. Most alphabet toys are in capital/upper case letters. This one is in lowercase letters. Big Dog doesn't know all of his lower case letters. So hopefully it will help him.

Rooster keeps bringing me a Mass card with Pope Benedict XVI. Saying "The Pope, the Pope." So I took her to our poster of Popes. I explained that when Jesus died Peter became the first Pope of the Catholic Church. Then I showed her how many Popes followed until we got to the current Pope. She was very impressed and kept running her finger back and forth across the poster.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm not here but leave me a message after the beep. BEEP!