Thursday, January 22, 2009

Candy cigs....a hard habit to break

I had to go to the pharmacy to pick up some antibiotics. GH has a nasty ear infection. While I was there I saw packs of candy cigarettes for 15 cents each. So I picked up a few.

Don't get all politically correct on me. I don't plan on smoking them around the kids. I just got them because they are classic Americana. When I was a kid my dad use to buy these for me at Dittmer's Liquor. (My mom says that my dad probably paid for the college tuition of all the Dittmer kids. ) I know this isn't a "sweet" childhood memory. But, I loved going there. The owner had guns, a tv that always seemed to be on professional wrestling or monster truck rallies, and sometimes the owners dog was there. That place was cool!

Anyway, I am suspicious as to why a pharmacy would sell candy cigarettes. But, I won't get all conspiracy theory on you....not tonight anyway:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm not here but leave me a message after the beep. BEEP!