Saturday, March 7, 2009

Some activities from today

Rooster matched up shoes while Big Dog enjoyed an Oatmeal Creme pie:) Don't worry eventually Big Dog did the activity while Rooster scraped the remaining Oatmeal Creme pie off of the table:D Good Lord I'm an awesome mom:D

We did a memory game. I only have four memory cards right now. I've been making them from frozen juice containers. But, four is definitely where we need to start anyway. So it works out. I wasn't quick enough to get a picture of Big Dog actually doing this activity. He's a quick one. He got lucky and matched them immediately the first two times he did the game. So I gave up and just posed him for this picture:)


Rooster definitely understood the activity and seemed to enjoy it.

I tried to incorporate Dora into our positional activity. Rooster still didn't enjoy the activity.

I saw this cute idea on The Wonder Years blog.

At first Rooster didn't want to pour the water into the measuring spoons.

But, eventually she did it to make me happy. She enjoyed comparing the different amounts of water on the wax paper. She then used a sponge to wipe all the water off the wax paper.
Big Dog enjoyed watching the water drops move around. It was fun to smear them too:D
Later I gave them a bowl of water, a small cylinder vase, and a small sponge. They soaked up water from the bowl with the sponge. Then squeezed the sponge over the vase, filling the vase up. Big Dog really liked this activity once he got the hang of it.

Where's baby Hank?


He's got his own activities:)
*BTW--- I know my floors are filthy. Please don't judge me to harshly. I'm much to busy with my kids.....and looking ridiculously good looking, to waste my time with household chores:D

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm not here but leave me a message after the beep. BEEP!