Monday, February 16, 2009

Todays Activities

Inspired by Lisa's indoor snowman. I brought in snow and put it into the sink and let the kids go to town. These are the items I gave them to play with. The spray bottles are always a hit.



Rooster enjoyed using the ice cream scoop.

Big Dog realized he could make the snow disappear by turning on the faucet. Rooster was screaming "No!" and kept turning it off. But, Big Dog was persistent and eventually made all of the snow on his side disappear.
We put up our St. Patricks Day window clings. Big Dog really enjoyed taking them down:)
We used our left over Yo Gabba Gabba Valentines for collages. Then we hung them up in the kids bedrooms.

We read "The Mitten" and did some activities as posted on 10 Kids and a Dog. Rooster enjoyed putting the animals "into" the mitten.


We did some puzzles.

Rooster did a little cutting. She is getting better. Not because I help her. But, because I don't help her:) The school gets all the credit:) (BTW--I'm aware she doesn't have the best hand positioning. But, like I said before. I make it worse when I help)

We had to restart this project a few times because Big Dog had troubles. He could not wait patiently.
I used small vases to try to show the kids how different measuring cups hold different amounts of water. I did try to explain the three 1/3 cups equal one cup. But, they were only interested in the colors:)

We sorted flowers. Rooster sorted the white flowers. This ended up being a bit more difficult than she anticipated. But, she did a great job.



Big Dog was suppose to sort the colored flowers. But, dogs don't like flowers.

1 comment:

  1. Snow in the sink!! That's way less messy than in a bowl, I'm doing that next time!

    ReplyDelete

I'm not here but leave me a message after the beep. BEEP!