Wednesday, February 18, 2009

I have a million excuses

for not getting things done. Today we had lots of appointments:D

I saw this cute color matching activity on some hot shot Montessori blog. I don't know how those ladies come up with such great ideas. Mine didn't turn out as well as theirs. But, I followed the basic idea. I went to a paint department (at a store that will remain nameless) and got a handful of paint samples. You have to make sure you get two matching paint samples of all of them.

Cut out and glue one sample to a paper plate. Then glue (I used my hot glue gun) the matching sample to a clothes pin. Then the child matches them up. Big Dog still struggles with the paper clips so I help him:)

Rooster's teachers say she doesn't know all the numbers from 11-20. So I made the most pathetic flashcards ever. But, look how excited everyone was about learning their numbers:) I was surprised how many Big Dog knew.
Rooster's teachers also said she needed to work on patterns more. We copied some patterns. Then tried to complete patterns.


Roosters homework from pre-school comes in the cutest little pink suitcase. This time she had a book about a bear driving through his town running errands. We re-enacted the book. Rooster liked this activity. But, Big Dog thought it was funny and just kept laughing at me. While we did this activity we tried to work on positional words.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm not here but leave me a message after the beep. BEEP!