Monday, September 21, 2009

Trick or Treat bags

I saw this idea for canvas trick or treat bags in Family Fun magazine this month. I think the hardest part was locating all the pictures from previous Halloweens. I haven't done well keeping up with scrapbooks etc. These bags were pretty easy. You just print the photos off on iron on transfer paper. Then iron them on the bags. (I think I need a new iron because my iron refused to get hot enough:)) The person who came up with the idea used puffy paint to label the year etc. I decided to embroider it. I used all six strands of embroidery thread with a darning needle. It worked very well. The fabric was very stiff so I didn't even need an embroidery hoop.

This is GH's bag. He was Yoda last year.

This is Big Dog's bag. The first year he was the lion from Wizard of Oz, then a monkey, and last year he was Darth Vader.

This is Roosters bag. For her first Halloween she was Sally Ride. Then she was a dragon (I was a princess-hahaha), the following year she was Dorthy from the Wizard of Oz, then Scooby Doo, then Princess Leia.
Aww what sweet memories.

4 comments:

I'm not here but leave me a message after the beep. BEEP!