Monday, August 31, 2009

What we've been doing

1. I am in the process of changing out the seasonal clothes. Regardless of how many kids you have no one enjoys this task. Figuring out what to keep for a few more weeks, what to pass on, and what to store. I can't even imagine doing this with more than three children's wardrobes. I'd probably be huddled up in a ball crying in a corner. I do find some enjoyment in taking clothes out of storage. Mostly because its like a shopping trip I didn't have to pay for. My sister-in-law Shelia gives my boys lots of awesome clothes her son grows out of. I told Big Dog "Your Aunt Shelia keeps you well dressed" And he shook his head in agreement:)

2. I was glad to have the opportunity to have a lengthy conversation with my friend Krimsin. Krimsin and I have the same problem. Our kids are endless pits of energy. We all hear those rumors that "Oh your kid is going to be wiped out the first week of kindergarten...blah blah blah." Well that is just a bunch of lies. Rooster and Logan have been unaffected by all day kindergarten.


3. On Sunday I decided to take a nap while Captain Awesome watched the kids. Rooster remembered that P was the letter of the week. On Sundays we always do the letter coloring pages. So she went upstairs to the computer. She got all the coloring pages that I had printed off Saturday night and took them to the kitchen table. She got the colors and began to work. Captain Awesome was impressed when he discovered she had done this. Then Rooster told him that he had to make popcorn for their snack. He was very impressed that she remembered what our activities were going to be. I'm not really that surprised. How could you forget popcorn? I am glad to know that Rooster loves our activities enough to do them even when she isn't being directed to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm not here but leave me a message after the beep. BEEP!