Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Roosters First Day of School

Last night the school hosted an ice cream social. It was a great opportunity to meet the teachers and tour the school. Rooster seemed happy to meet the teachers and ran around the school happily. She was really excited when she ran into old friends:) This is a picture of Rooster in front of her locker.


The ice cream was delicious. It was the perfect dessert to top off the pizza we ordered to celebrate her first day of school. You may have noticed that the boys are missing. My friend Kim watched them for us. It was really nice to be able to focus all our attention on Rooster. I think she really appreciated the time with us. When we picked up the boys Kim offered us cake. We aren't the type of people who turn down cake. It was nice to be able to sit down and chat with such a nice family.

Before Rooster went to bed we received a surprise call from Aunt Shel. She was reading Cousin I a bedtime story called "The Night Before Kindergarten". And she thought Rooster might enjoy hearing it too. So she called and read this story to both of them at the same time. Isn't that sweet? Rooster clung to the phone as she laid in bed. Rooster was so happy:)

This morning we were a bit sad as we got our "baby" ready for her first day of kindergarten. It's so hard to believe she is a kindergartner. But, she is.

She's a big girl. But, she still loves her daddy:)
Last minute cuddles are the best.

Before she got on the bus she said "Here I come kindergarten!".

3 comments:

  1. Awww, you made me cry Kristi! How did Rooster's day go?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man---I was so busy writing about what happened before that I didn't write anything about how it went.

    She was really happy when she came home from school. She said that it was fun. I think she is just happy to be able to play with kids her own age again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad she had a good first day! It's harder to put them on the bus than I thought it would be- I do love not having to drive in though.

    ReplyDelete

I'm not here but leave me a message after the beep. BEEP!