Friday, August 7, 2009

Our 10th Anniversary

We took the kids to Saint Mary's in Aurora today. I thought it would be sweet to have a picture at the altar where we got married at to commemorate our tenth anniversary. (I couldn't find enough matching outfits...so we look kind of dorky. But, Captain Awesome says it doesn't matter because we were there together:)) We told the kids that this altar is where mom and dad got married. This is where are family began. Rooster seemed impressed with this fact. When we posed for the picture I told the kids "We are going to take a picture of our family". Big Dog asked "Where is Reagan?" How incredibly sweet! (FYI: Reagan is our dog. Her code name is "Trouble" on the blog.)


Ok--I really need to enhance this photo. It is pretty bad so I'm glad I didn't load the other picture since I have no idea how to delete a picture once its downloaded onto the blog. Anyway, this is a picture of Captain Awesome walking Rooster down the aisle. The picture I didn't download was the picture of him changing his mind and taking her back up the aisle. Let that be a lesson to her future husband. Captain Awesome might change his mind at the last minute:)


GH would not leave the altar bells alone. Captain Awesome says that he thinks GH will be an alter boy like he was. What a nice thought. But, I can't imagine that right now. I can't even get him to behave in the pews at church. I can't imagine him being a good little altar boy:)


Big Dog liked being up at the front of the church. Poor kids never get near the front. He was especially impressed with baby Jesus:)
On the way home we stopped by the Bradshaw Community Center park. We had our wedding reception there. So we thought it would be a nice sentimental way to end our trip.
Big Dog wasn't entirely sure about this tornado slide. But, he couldn't resist it and before we knew it he was going up and down like it was nothing:) To be honest...I'm not sure I would go up there anymore. It's pretty high;)


wweeeee!

GH liked swinging with Captain Awesome.
He really liked exploring the park. Of course, who wouldn't after being in the car for so long.


Earlier in the day I had apologized for not making a cake for our anniversary. Last year we made a cake and put our wedding topper on it. And it was very cute. So on the way home Captain Awesome stopped off at a grocery store and bought cupcakes for the ride home. Isn't that sweet? The kids were covered in chocolate frosting by the end of the trip. But, we had a great time and that is all that counts:D

2 comments:

  1. 10 years already?!?! Wow! Congrats to the loving decade and to the many more to come.

    BTW just click on the pic you want to delete with your mouse and hit delete. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! Great idea. I saw your post on faith and family live and it piqued my interest because we just celebrated our 17th and took the kids to see the church we were married in, and the small chapel where he proposed.

    ReplyDelete

I'm not here but leave me a message after the beep. BEEP!