Thursday, August 13, 2009

Lauritzen Botanical Garden

Big Dog enjoys getting out and running in huge open spaces. However, he looks super bored in this picture. I guess you can't expect a three year old boy to be impressed with flowers after he's been looking at them all morning:) Big Dog might have been thinking "This place could use some trains....something manly"
To our surprise botanical gardens aren't super lame. I have never been to a botanical garden before today....because I'm so cool. In my mind I pictured people having tea in a field of poppies:D That just doesn't mesh with my rock star life. But, to our amazement the botanical garden was pretty cool:) And it did have trains. Woohooo!!! The kids loved the trains. There are seven separate train tracks. Four at the top of the structure and three at the bottom. The top section took 3 weeks to complete with 40 workers. The bottom section took 40 workers one week to complete. It is quite impressive, complete with models of building in the Omaha area.
GH loved watching the trains go by. I kept trying to get him to say "train". He couldn't. But was able to say "wow" as a train went by.


There were so many beautiful things to look at.....

...and cool things to run to.


GH loved grabbing at all the flowers:)
I think these were GH's favorite:) I have no idea what they are. But, they are very pretty.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm not here but leave me a message after the beep. BEEP!