Friday, May 15, 2009

What do you want to do when you grow up Růženka?

She replied, "I want to grow flowers". I asked her if she wanted me to get her some books about flowers and she shouted "Yes!"

My grandma Irene would have loved Rooster. My grandmother loved flowers. When she still lived in her home she had a double lot. It was full of different kinds of flowers and plants. I loved walking around her yard when I was a little kid. Mostly, because I wanted to stay away from her. She was a total grouch. But, she took really good care of her garden:) We almost named Rooster, Rose of Sharon.Rose of Sharon (pictured above) was a favorite of my grandma. But, we ended up picking Růženka for her name.

Anyway, even after she moved in with us she still loved her flower catalogues. She always wanted to talk about flowers. I was more interested in knowing what they were saying on the Big Joe Polka Show that was playing in the background. My grandma would tell me and quickly change the subject. If I pestered her enough she would teach me a little Czech. But she knew what I was up to. I wanted to learn Czech because I wanted to know what my grandma and mom where talking about. Funny thing about those two. They would be speaking about Christmas in English. Then all of a sudden they would be speaking in Czech. Could they be talking about my gifts? Yeah---that's what they were doing. Pretty messed up if you want my opinion;)

Anyway, what do your kids want to be when they grow up?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm not here but leave me a message after the beep. BEEP!