Sunday, May 10, 2009

A Sweet Mothers Day Gift

I received a wonderful Mothers Day gift today. It didn't come in an envelope or with a fancy bow. It came in the form of a story told by my husband. He told me the following story as we drove home from my sister-in-law Shelia's Mothers Day party (which was awesome). A little background before the story......My sister-in-law uses her large outdoor nativity shed as a small playhouse for her kids. (Such an awesome idea) The kids love playing on it and climbing on it. Anyway, on to the story.....

Cousin Presto and Cousin Imes were on the top of the house and wanted Rooster and Big Dog to come up too. The boys tried to pull Rooster up. When they weren't able to pull her up. Big Dog grabbed her left leg then her right and helped push her up to the top of the house. When they couldn't get Big Dog up, Rooster left her older cousins and went down to play with Big Dog. She left the fun even though they wanted her to stay with them.

I cried when my husband told me this story. I thought about how much they love each other. Big Dog helping his big sister get to where she wanted to go. Rooster giving up fun so her brother wouldn't be left out. I seriously, don't know how they got to be so sweet. But, I wouldn't want them any other way:)

1 comment:

I'm not here but leave me a message after the beep. BEEP!