Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Memorial Day

Captain Awesome actually had Memorial Day off which never ever happens. Captain Awesome asked "What do people do for Memorial Day?" Honest question since he never has it off;) I told him in my family we didn't do the bbq's and shopping sprees. We always decorated graves because we had veterans in our family. So we decided to skip going to Old Navy. (Although their $1 flip-flop sale does sound appealing) We figured this is much more our style anyway. We headed to Milligan, home of the fighting Roosters. Captain Awesome wanted pictures of the flags at the grave yards. They are rather nice, aren't they?



When I was a child I loved to look inside the old church windows. (Of the church in the above picture) The windows were filthy and you couldn't see anything inside. But, it didn't deter me;) It drove my mother nuts:D It was restored about ten years ago. It is very nice inside and you can see through the windows now:) It's the oldest Catholic Church in the county.

While in Milligan we had a picnic at the park and let the kids play for a while. They have an awesome park considering the town is only 300 people.



The tall slide was Big Dog and Roosters favorite piece of equipment.
GH happily explored the park:)


Before we went home we stopped by Aunt Bug's house. The kids enjoyed seeing their cousins and eating popsicles. Yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm not here but leave me a message after the beep. BEEP!